Why does discharge change?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
hammerfallout
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My drawing ability
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/Theirs/Them
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Why does discharge change?

Unread post by hammerfallout »

So I wondering about this and wanted to clarify. Does changes in your discharge normal? For example, typically I have a white, thin discharge with no odor but sometimes I notice a few days before my period it changes to a really wet, sticky, discharge. Currently I'm having that really wet, sticky discharge and I don't really know why it happens. I'm not worried, just curious as to why.

Thanks for reading.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Why does discharge change?

Unread post by Heather »

Have you read this yet: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions?

Or this: On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation?

Both explain the why's of this.

Moving forward, do us a solid and please be sure to use the search function on the main site (it's on the top right corner of every main site page, right from the front page at http://www.scarleteen.com

We include that in the user registration agreement to be sure users are using our direct services as a support for the main site, not a substitute, which is important because our level of staff doesn't match our level of traffic/service requests by a serious long shot. Thanks! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic