Worried after first time

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
atm98
Awesomeness Quotient: I always like to help
Primary language: Spanish
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: I don't need to define it with one word

Worried after first time

Unread post by atm98 »

I've had sex for the first time with my boyfriend on Saturday. I felt a considerable amount of pain at the moment and I also bled. Today, Monday, the pain dissapeared and I also stopped bleeding, but the thing is I started to feel a really uncomfortable itch/burn on my vulva and now I also noticed a spot on my labia majora. Both things never happened before to me so now I feel a bit scared and also uncomfortable.
It was the first time for both and he used a condom, although we had certain genital contact before and after intercourse.
Are these things normal or should I worry? :roll:
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Worried after first time

Unread post by Johanna »

Itching and discomfort could be a sign of an infection, so it would be best to make an appointment with your doctor.

Have you both been tested for STIs? If not, now would be a good time to get started with that, as well.

If you'd like, we can also talk about what might have caused the pain you experienced, and things you might do differently next time so it won't be painful for you.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
atm98
Awesomeness Quotient: I always like to help
Primary language: Spanish
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: I don't need to define it with one word

Unread post by atm98 »

Thanks for your answer, Johanna.
I think I'll have to make an appointment with a doctor. And no, we haven't been tested yet, I'll talk to my boyfriend about that too.
I guess intercourse was painful for me because I was nervous so it was really difficult for me to relax and get aroused. We also forgot to use lube and I think that might have helped.
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Johanna »

You're welcome. If you want to talk further about any part of this, please let us know! We're here to help.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic