strange period??

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
misskitty
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: ability to listen & help others
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

strange period??

Unread post by misskitty »

i recently posted about a late period, & about a week later i did finally get a period... or so i thought it was. my period came about a whole week late, & was just brown discharge. it was heavy for a day & 1/2 but then was very light & them stopped. there was no actual period that followed it either. i also stopped taking birth control a little over a month ago, could it be from that? also, i had a pregancy scare way back in the beginning of may, but have had normal periods since. why did i have such a weird period this time/lack of one?
taylor_alyse
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: What's not awesome??
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Re: strange period??

Unread post by taylor_alyse »

hello!

it is normal to have odd cycles after getting off birth control, including late/short/light periods. other factors can also contribute to this, like stress, weight change, etc. it also can take several years after first getting your period to have a "normal" cycle.
have you seen this article? http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodie ... _my_period

if you have had normal periods, it isn't a pregnancy scare :)
Nothing happens in the "real" unless it first happens in the images in our heads -Gloria Anzaldúa
misskitty
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: ability to listen & help others
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Re: strange period??

Unread post by misskitty »

okay thank you so much!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic