Pill side effects

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
margaloves
not a newbie

Pill side effects

Unread post by margaloves »

I am on my seventh day of taking Diane35 pills today and haven't experienced any kind of side effects. Is it too early yet to start observing for any? I was wondering if this may mean that the pills aren't working? I take them at exactly the same time every evening, few hours after dinner.

I have read numerous blogs, articles, posts, and comments from women who said that they experienced different kinds of side effects on the first week of taking pills, like tender breasts, headaches, nausea, and decrease in libido (I think mine even increased lol). So far, I haven't had any of those. I'm aware that these side effects varies for every user, but can anyone here give me like an 'average' number of days wherein most women felt the side effects of pills? Thank you! :)

Also, I'm currently taking my pills every 10:10PM (exactly that time). Will it be okay if I change the time to 9PM on my next pack of pills? Does that affect its effectiveness?

Thank you in advance!!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Pill side effects

Unread post by Mo »

Hi there,

Not everyone experiences the same side effects with any medication, so while there are some common ones with birth control pills it's entirely possible for you not to have any. There's really no way to know if you'll experience any, or when it might happen if you do. The presence or absence of side effects doesn't have any bearing on whether or not they're effective.

Changing the time you take your pills just an hour or two won't impact their effectiveness either; that's totally fine to do.
margaloves
not a newbie

Unread post by margaloves »

Hi there thanks for answering! However, i think i may have spoken a bit prematurely because now I'm actually experiencing breast tenderness but only on my right boob and it looks noticeably bigger than the right. So my question now is, how long do you think this will last? And will my left boob somehow 'catch up' or am i doomed to have assymetrical breasts? :\
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

I can't predict how long this might last or what changes you'll ultimately notice in your breasts; this really is a very individual process and there is literally no way to guess what might happen for you or anyone else taking the pill. All you can do is wait and see.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic