Inverted nipples? Semi inverted nipples? What's going on?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Ailana
Awesomeness Quotient: I can draw like nobody's business! >:D
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Panromantic Pansexual

Inverted nipples? Semi inverted nipples? What's going on?

Unread post by Ailana »

Hey...female here, 14 (almost 15) and I have a question about, well...my nipples. I've seen plenty of pictures of nipples, and mine aren't the same. They aren't completely inverted, but the areola is lighter than most and the nipple itself is very small, and when it's cold or aroused it doesn't stick up much more, and when it's normal it doesn't stick up from the areola at all. The entire "point" of my breasts are completely smooth and rounded. I have gone through puberty already and my breasts are a normal size, and I've been having my period for over a year now, so what's going on? I've heard of inverted nipples but I'm not entirely sure what that looks like. (And they've been like this my whole life, I've only started caring about it recently)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Inverted nipples? Semi inverted nipples? What's going on

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Ailana,

If you haven't, I'd give this article a read: Abreast: The Basics of Boobies

We can't really diagnose things like inverted nipples over the internet. But, if they've always been like this and they don't cause you pain or discomfort, then it's likely that this is just how your breasts are. And there's nothing wrong with that, as breasts come in all sorts of configurations.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic