Letting him know your a virgin....

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Northstargirl
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Straight

Letting him know your a virgin....

Unread post by Northstargirl »

What is your feelings on letting the guy you're interested in know that your a virgin? I went to third base with a guy and I stopped it because I got very nervous about having sex and whether or not to tell him.
Sunshine
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a quote for every situation
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bi

Re: Letting him know your a virgin....

Unread post by Sunshine »

What are you afraid would happen if you did tell him?

I don't mean to be insensitive, I just have never quite understood why letting a (potential) partner know how little (or how much) previous experience one has is problematic.

If having sex made you feel very nervous, I think you were right to stop. What did you tell your partner at the time?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Letting him know your a virgin....

Unread post by Heather »

I figure that if we don't feel like we can be ourselves with someone, and be truthful about our sexual history, that's a very good clue that that person probably ins't a good choice of a sexual partner.

Openness and honesty tend to play a huge part in people being most likely to have sexual partnerships that benefit them, that are healthy, that they feel good about and where they really enjoy whatever kind of sex they're having. Someone feeling like they have to hide out in who they are, or what they have or haven't experienced makes it awfully likely they're not going to have positive experiences.

So, you say you're interested in this guy: I assume you also think pretty highly of him? If so, why not be honest about yourself? What do you think you're afraid of with that?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic