First time

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Cheergirl204
Awesomeness Quotient: My humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight girl

First time

Unread post by Cheergirl204 »

Almost two days ago I lost my virginity, it was something I was ready to do and felt comfortable with my self and partner, we had used a condom, but I am not on any other type of birth control, the next I went to the bathroom and there had been some creamy, sticky discharge, a little later I had some light blood, and then that night it was heavy blood, I am supposed to get my period in 7 days, but should this be some thing I am worried about? When i woke up the next the tampon I had inserted was soaked, and even leaking a little. should I be looking into buying Plan B Contraceptive, or are these just normal signs?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: First time

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi cheergirl,

We can't really tell you what the discharge and bleeding are. But, from what you're describing, it sounds like you've gotten your period (are you having other period symptoms, like cramps?). If you've only been tracking your period using days, then you won't actually have that accurate a measure for when it will arrive. We have more info on how to track it in a way that's more accurate, if you're interested.

As far as Plan B, as long as the condom did not break or come off, and was used for all genital contact, then you can assume it did its job and that Plam B is not necessary. Are you interested in learning about other BC methods?
Cheergirl204
Awesomeness Quotient: My humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight girl

Unread post by Cheergirl204 »

What are the other BC ?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

There's lots! A great place to start is with Birth Control Bingo!
That will ask about your preferences and give you options accordingly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic