OCD hygiene question!

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
dpaddict12
not a newbie

OCD hygiene question!

Unread post by dpaddict12 »

So, I have started seeing a counselor as of today for my OCD issues - but there's something I realized I don't really know how to do properly and I feel silly -

So when I go to the bathroom, I wipe and I pull up my pants. This is embarrassing, but usually I end up getting some fluids on my hand, or at least end up touching part of my genital area with my bare hand. I then pull up my clothes. Is this a sanitary issue? What am I supposed to do if I accidentally touch my genitals or get urine/fecal material/vaginal discharge on my hand in a public restroom and need to pull up my pants? I can't wash my hands before I do that because I would have to leave the restroom. Am I missing something? I feel like it's near unavoidable to wipe without your bare hands coming into contact with some part of "down there".

I feel so dumb but it's a legitimate question!

Thanks
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: OCD hygiene question!

Unread post by Heather »

This isn't an issue: it's why we wash our clothes. :)

So, so long as you're just washing your hands afterwards, you're all good.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
dpaddict12
not a newbie

Unread post by dpaddict12 »

Okay here is another concern. I'm sorry - I was in a restaurant today and I ended up completely against the man in front of me due to tight space. I noticed when he walked away that his pants were falling down and his bare bottom had been against my sweater. Is this something I should be concerned about? It grossed me out.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

What you're asking about is about and from your OCD, and we make clear we are not able to counsel people about mental health conditions like this. So, what you need to do are bring these things to your counselor.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic