Trying new things?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Volleygirl22
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Can spike a volleyball, but am only 4'9"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Les

Trying new things?

Unread post by Volleygirl22 »

My boyfriend texted me before saying "we have some alone time tonight. If you're up for doing anything, and there's anything you've ever wanted to try, say so, and we'll give it a shot". I've never had a problem with communication about sex, but now I'm kinda second guessing what I want to say, because it's probably weird. (I'm a little interested in trying anal sex). Is that weird? Is it more of a common thing to try or is it one of those really out there kind of things?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Trying new things?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Volleygirl,

Anal sex is one of those things that some people find to be out there or have zero interest in, while other people are very interested in. It's similar to most other sexual things that way. If you're curious about it, the best way to find out his feelings on it is to ask. We've got some info on it in these articles about how to do it safely (we do caution younger folks about anal sex because it takes a lot of communication, which some young people struggle with):
Anal Sex Lowdown
Anal Sex: No Different?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic