Confusing cramps

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
catalina14
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Great friend
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: its whatever

Confusing cramps

Unread post by catalina14 »

So two days ago I had some pretty rough casual (protected) sex. A few hours after, I began to experience lower abdominal cramps that became increasingly more intense later in the day. This has happened to me before, so I was under the impression that this was because of the intercourse. I had the cramps later in the day yesterday, and woke up with them again today. Not as intense, but definitely there. What's confusing me is that I also had sex with him a week before this last date of intercourse. He was wearing a condom, but he came inside of me. The condom didn't break or slip off or anything, and I know the chances of pregnancy are slim, but I'm still worried. Last time I had cramps because of rough sex, the next day I was fine. So now I'm not sure whether the cramps are a sign of early stages of pregnancy or an effect of rough sex.
frenchfancyxo
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes - they're green.
Primary language: Just english :)
Pronouns: nope
Sexual identity: straight

Re: Confusing cramps

Unread post by frenchfancyxo »

I've had rough sex in the past before and never suffered cramps because of it, however I don't really think cramps would be a sign of pregnancy especially if you used a condom and you wouldn't be likely to have signs that early straight after sex anyway. It sounds to me that he was probably just a bit too harsh, that or something to do with your periods/ hormones. Have you had a look up online as well? Give it maybe one more day or so to see if they disappear and if not, go see your doctor :')
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

frenchfancyxo, please note that this area is for staff & volunteer replies only! Thanks. :)
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Catalina, it's hard to know exactly what might be causing the cramps you're having, but we can know they aren't pregnancy related. Pregnancy, when it does occur, isn't instantaneous; it can happen up to several days after intercourse, and physical symptoms won't show up at that time. This article has an in-depth explanation you may find helpful: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide
Keep in mind too that abdominal cramps can happen from digestive or other issues, too; just because you're noticing them right around when you had sex it doesn't necessarily mean they're related.

If using condoms properly still feels a bit too risky, you could look into other forms of birth control to use along with it. If you want any information on various other kinds of birth control, you could check this link out: Birth Control Bingo!
catalina14
not a newbie

Is it possible that he could have temporarily damaged internal organs and that's why the area is still sensitive?
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Karyn »

Intercourse, no matter how rough, can't damage internal organs. Sometimes, the cervix can get bumped or jostled, which can be uncomfortable of painful, but that's not something that can cause any sort of injury, just temporary discomfort.

The best thing you can do is check in with a health care provider about these cramps if you're concerned. As Molias said, they may not be related to sex at all, but the only way to find out is to see a doctor.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
catalina14
not a newbie

Okay, thank you so much for your help!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic