Does he want me? What do I do?!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
mcbella123
Awesomeness Quotient: I genuinely care for others
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

Does he want me? What do I do?!

Unread post by mcbella123 »

In the beginning of June I started talking to this guy through one of those silly dating apps. We actually had a decent conversation and he asked if I wanted to go out bowling which I accepted. I wasn't expecting anything but we had a blast! Over the past several months we have continued to talk almost everyday, see each other often and build a friendship. I'm really into him. I love being around him and I want to be with him but I am not sure if he wants a relationship with me. In July...I kissed him. It was a little awkward as most first kisses are but he kissed me back - and we haven't since. I haven't tried since because I'm pretty insecure and nervous when it comes to making the first move and I am surprised I did in the first place. He does get affectionate sometimes, but very briefly. I can tell he is nervous too - but why are we nervous after 6 months?! He opens up to me about things, but has never told me how he feels. He makes plans with me, talks about future outings a lot, but still seems guarded in other areas. In my experience, if a guy wants to be with a girl, he will make it happen but I know he is also kind of different. He once told me he thinks friendship is the most important part of a relationship. But how do I decipher if I am just a friend or if he wants more? I know I should just ask him but because he is so shy I don't want to push him away and risk losing our friendship. I'm very confused and am not sure what to do. If anyone has any clarity or advice on the situation - that would be great, thanks.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Does he want me? What do I do?!

Unread post by Mo »

In all honesty, the only way to know what he's feeling and what he wants from this relationship is to ask him, as scary as that might be. I think if someone's genuinely interested in being friends, it's usually not too hard to move past any awkwardness that might arise from discussing the possibility of a relationship. Plenty of guys are confident in initiating a relationship, but that's not a rule; it sounds like waiting for him to bring it up is starting to be stressful, so it may be best for you to take the initiative here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic