Spotting and Ovulation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
xmetalgirl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Artsy Fartsy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: Female

Spotting and Ovulation

Unread post by xmetalgirl »

Hello again guys!
I never had any blood or spotting on my ovulation times before. On day 11 of my cycle (usually the time when I notice an increase of eggy white mucus) I had a bunch of bright red dots and lines in a little bit of the mucus and it only came out once. It scared me because it looked like I got stabbed lol and never had this before. It came out just that one time in the mucus but it was a lot. Is there suppose to be a lot? I also had really awful sharp pains in my stomach that I never had before. I read these are all a part of ovulation, you know the egg bursting and leaking blood and such. Also the next day after for some reason I felt really sick, dizzy, saw all those sparkly/fuzzy little lights and fainted.
I'm mostly concerned with how come I'm bleeding and having these symptoms on my ovulation now and never before? This sounds like ovulation, right? Am I at an age where I'm more fertile or something? Is it just because all periods and ovulation are different from each month to month or will I see this again?\
I just don't like when something different happens to me and I don't know what's going on exactly lol and don't really have anyone to ask about it.
The only thing I could think of that's been different for me the last month was that I started taking all kinds of vitamins recently. lol
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Spotting and Ovulation

Unread post by Karyn »

Every single cycle is a bit different, yep, so even if you've never had spotting around the time of ovulation before, it's not really something that's cause for concern. There's no way to for anyone to know whether it will happen again, either: part of the deal with having a body is that it will do things sometimes that it hasn't before.

The fainting and dizziness - whether it's related to ovulation or not - is concerning. If it happens again it would be a good idea to check in with your doctor (and it wouldn't hurt to check in with them too about the vitamins you're taking, in terms of what you need and what's healthy).
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic