Nipple and breast changes?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Tots216
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a very loving person with a good soul
Primary language: English.
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Nipple and breast changes?

Unread post by Tots216 »

Hello, I'm 19.
I'm glad to update that I've come to the facts and know I'm not pregnant. (It's been 9 weeks since my dry sex encounter, I've gotten 2 periods since and have no pregnancy symptoms). I'm so thankful for what scarleteen and the staff here provides.
I had a question. Before my last period I noticed my areoles have darkened and I had veins throughout my breasts. No sensitivity or swellingness. I thought it was pms but I'm on the last day of my period and it hasn't gone away. Is this normal?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Nipple and breast changes?

Unread post by Heather »

Since we can't see this in person, and also don't -- like you or your healthcare provider would -- have any record of your general breast health, don't do your breast exams, and don't know how different this is from your nipple and breast appearance normally, this isn't something we're going to be able to weigh in on.

Breast and nipple changes throughout puberty, however (and at 19, you're still in it), are typical. Too, it's common when people have had a pregnancy scare for them to be hyper aware of their bodies, and we've found that many users in this spot have observed things about their bodies when they're in this kind of headspace that seem to be based on them simply never being so observant before.

But if you're very concerned about this, your next step is to check in with a healthcare provider.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Tots216
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a very loving person with a good soul
Primary language: English.
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Nipple and breast changes?

Unread post by Tots216 »

Oh I see. It's not too concerning for me since, given my situation. And yes, that is very true about how a pregnancy scare how it makes you more aware of your body. I think this was just something I didn't pay any attention to before.
Thank you Heather once again! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic