growing and puberty question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
xmetalgirl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Artsy Fartsy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: Female

growing and puberty question

Unread post by xmetalgirl »

Hello!
I was wondering how many years do you grow and go through puberty etc? I know you probably dont know for sure this question since everyone griwa differently but how was your experience growing up and puberty etc? Im 20 now and my breasts got larger, my hips a little too, i look more mature and lots of other things have happened too lol and i have read you can grow and mature up until 25. How was your experience guys? Did you continue to develop and grow in mid and late 20s as well?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: growing and puberty question

Unread post by Heather »

Ultimately, our bodies are changing throughout all of life. It is not like they ever stop. Puberty is simply a period defined by express kinds of sexual development that occur - some of which we can see with our eyes or feel, some of which we cannot, like, for instance, cervical cell development which always continues well into the twenties - in the transition between childhood and adulthood, generally between the pre-teen years and the mid-twenties.

But that is not the only time of body changes, nor the only time we, as people, have chemical or physical changes when it comes to our reproductive organs.

Here is a rundown of puberty for you: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodie ... darn_close

FYI, that piece could stand to be updated when it comes to inclusive language about gender, but the facts in it remain current and sound.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic