Plan B and Period. Please help!!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
joski1113
Awesomeness Quotient: I play tennis
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Plan B and Period. Please help!!

Unread post by joski1113 »

Hello, on August 11th i took Plan B after having unprotected sex (which we don't normally do) and my boyfriend did not ejaculate inside me. On the 18th i noticed some light brown blood that has been consistent this whole past week. This past Thursday, the 21st, I bled heavily through my underwear and since then have just had brown spotting throughout the day. I considered the day I bled through my underwear as day 1 of my period, and it was 10 days early at the time. Does this mean that the Plan B worked and im not pregnant? Also has the light brown bleeding as well as the one heavy day been my period? I did read the pamphlet that came with the Plan B package and the only other side effect I initially had was diarrhea. I haven't felt any pregnancy symptoms but I don't know whether or not my bleeding was my period and some insight into this is really very much appreciated. Thank you!!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Plan B and Period. Please help!!

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Joski,

One of the side-effects of plan B is that it can make your cycle unpredictable. So, the bleeding you're experiencing may very well be your period. However, there is no way for us to know for certain that that's the case. The way to for certain whether or not you're pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. You can read all about that here, if you'd like:
Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic