After use of condom

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
KristyG5

After use of condom

Unread post by KristyG5 »

My boyfriend and I also had sex the week before and after he took the condom off, we wiped the penis off using a tissue. We then has sex again only for a few seconds. I am on birth control but was just ending my period. Is it still possible to get pregnant from that?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: After use of condom

Unread post by Heather »

Anytime someone has the kind of sex -- and if by sex, you mean penis-in-vagina intercourse, then that's the primary kind we're talking about -- there is a risk of pregnancy. method of contraception reduce that risk, but not to zero, as no method or methods together are 100% effective.

So, in your case, what you will have had per protection when not using condoms is the amount of protection your pill provides alone.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Hi Kristy,

When you're asking questions, can you go with either the message boards or text and not ask in both places? Often that means we spend time answering them twice. Thanks!
KristyG5

Unread post by KristyG5 »

Thanks for your help! I will definitely not submit questions to both next time. Sorry about that!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic