What is going on with my period?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
glitterngold21
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very caring and loving
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

What is going on with my period?

Unread post by glitterngold21 »

I tried to use some of the helpful links and some of people's posts to help answer my question but I didn't find anything that could really relate to my situation so I figured I'd post it :)

Sometime in August, I hooked up with this guy but protection was used. Just to be safe, I took Plan B and I got my "period" twice in September. In October, I got it but it was only for four days. And in October is also when I started having sex with this other guy (don't think I'm out here sleeping with all these guys!) and we've used protection every.single.time. I got my period for four days when it's usually 5-6 days but I didn't think much of it!
Since then, we've had sex again and in two occasions, the condom felt dry so it was replaced and checked (everything was okay.) I was due for my period 5 days ago and I'm having no signs of a period!!
I took a test yesterday and it came back negative but then I also had sex again yesterday (very foolish considering I'm already worried BUT the condom was also checked very well and it was okay!)
Could I possibly be pregnant? October and the beginning of November was such a stressful time for me.. Honestly. I can't remember the last time I stressed that much. Could that be it?
What do you guys suggest I do?
Thank you for reading and taking the time out to read this :) appreciated very much!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: What is going on with my period?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi glitterngold,

Periods can be late for all sorts of reasons. You can read about the different reasons (and what to do) in this article: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic