Questions on masturbation?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
carrotcake567
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Nothing much really
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Unknown

Questions on masturbation?

Unread post by carrotcake567 »

So, I am 15 and I want to know what it is like to masturbate. So I tried the fingering method that many people seem to do, but I don't feel anything at all. I've also tried using a pillow and this did work for a small while, it didn't work the next time I tried it. I really don't understand what I am doing and I would like some advice as to how to approach the idea of masturbation. What should I do to be able to achieve it and how do I do it? I understand if this is a question that you don't want to answer. Thanks.
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Questions on masturbation?

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, carrotcake. Welcome to Scarleteen. :)

How people masturbate is going to be very different for everybody. It can even be different for the same person in different times. Something that make you feel good today may not in the future; and something you though you didn't like might feel appealing one day. Masturbation is about discovering what works for you and what doesn't and the only way to find out is by trial and error. :) There's nothing you "should" or "shouldn't" do but only what makes you feel good, you know? And the best thing is you don't have to achieve anything but just to have a good time. Getting to know your body takes time, but the journey can be very interesting.

The next link can give you some good pointers about this topic: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... masturbate
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Questions on masturbation?

Unread post by Heather »

Too, understand that how any kind of masturbation feels has a LOT to do with how excited you are before you even start doing it. Something that feels amazing when someone is turned on can feel totally ho-hum when they're not. So, if, whatever you're doing, you're doing at times when you don't feel very sexually excited, it's unlikely to feel like much.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic