Condom Effectiveness?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
vennisa65
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: her, she, etc.
Sexual identity: Straight Female

Condom Effectiveness?

Unread post by vennisa65 »

Hi there!
So I recently stopped taking birth control because it gave me crazy mood swings. My first cycle going off the pill, I had a normal cycle and ovulated arouund day 14-16, making my cycle 31/32 days in length since my last "pill period".
Now my last period started November 2nd.
I had PROTECTED, (meaning with a condom, the entire time, and no breaks/slips) sex on November 20th, 25th, and 27th. Those were cycle days 19, 24, and 26.
I even made him withdraw before he ejaculated, (which is risky because the condom could slip or break but it didn't in my cases, so no sperm was ever deposited in or near me)
I'm nervous because when on the BCP I was very dry during sex. But now everytime I have sex, it's really wet and lubricated. On Cycle day 26, I felt very wet again, and I may have had some strechy wet discharge as well, which I know is a sign of ovulation. But; my period is due in 3 days, so how could I ovulate that late? Could I just have been really aroused? and is strechy discharge normal before a period approaches? I'm just scared because I've never felt that wet ever before so now everytimeI have sex I'm scared that I'm ovulating....plus my libido is crazy, I'm horny all of the time, so i can't tell if I'm horny because of ovulation or just because!
So: Am I protected from pregnancy? and when do women typially ovulate? Do you think it's possible I ovulated on day 26 of a 30ish day cycle or on day 14-16?. (I wasn't sexually active those days so I didn't look at my cervical mucus, so I don't really know)

Thank you
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Condom Effectiveness?

Unread post by Eddie C »

Please be patient and don't double post as it is against the guidelines of the website. We ask all our users to wait at least 24 hours before doing it again. Thanks!
Locked Previous topicNext topic