Messed up my cycle?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Girltuesday2015
not a newbie

Messed up my cycle?

Unread post by Girltuesday2015 »

Hi! I posted a few weeks back about a "risk." I got my period one day late and it was normal. I assumed plan b worked.

I started my pill pack one day earlier than usual to only have a 7 day hormone break just in case

I'm two weeks into my pill. I've taken it at the same time each day and haven't missed any. I usually get sore breasts a week before my period.

I've had sore breasts for about 10 days now (way before my period) and other PMS symptoms when I'm not even close. Could I have messed up my hormones with the plan b and switching days? I feel like total crap.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Messed up my cycle?

Unread post by Karyn »

Plan B can throw your body for a bit of a loop, and those effects can last a while, so it's entirely possible that's what's going on. Starting your new pack of pills a day earlier than usual isn't likely to have much of an impact, but it could be part of the problem. If you're concerned, you can always check in with your doctor, but they'll probably tell you that there isn't much to do except wait it out, unfortunately.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic