I don't feel any pleasure when I have sex with my boyfriend

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
cat
Awesomeness Quotient: I am an understanding person
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

I don't feel any pleasure when I have sex with my boyfriend

Unread post by cat »

Before my boyfriend and I have sex, I am able to get aroused, but when he puts his penis inside of my vagina, it hurts a for a little bit, but then the pain stops. As we continue, I do not feel any pleasure, but only presure from his penis thrusting in me, and if he goes far up, I feel a small amount of pain. Is this normal? What does all of this mean?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I don't feel any pleasure when I have sex with my boyfriend

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, cat. :) Nothing here suggests anything is likely the matter: it's more common than not for vaginal intercourse, all by itself, to feel like nothing-much to a person with a vagina.

I'm going to get you started with a few links here to fill you in on some of this:
With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body
The Great No-Orgasm-from-Intercourse Conundrum
Yield for Pleasure

Don't forget: intercourse is only one KIND of sex, not all the sex. So if you're not having pleasure with ANY kind of sex with this person, that's a different discussion than if just this one kind isn't all-that for you or just is one kind it turns out you're not into. This piece can help to address sex as something bigger, and potentially give you more tools and ideas when talking to a partner about exploring any kinds of sex you DO enjoy: What's Sex?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic