VERY last minute shopping for my boyfriend.

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Volleygirl22
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Can spike a volleyball, but am only 4'9"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Les

VERY last minute shopping for my boyfriend.

Unread post by Volleygirl22 »

I know it's last minute, but while my boyfriend was wrapping presents this morning, I asked if he's thought of anything he'd like for Christmas. He started laughing, took a bow, stuck it on me, and said "just you" and winked. I'm all for that! But I still want to get him something though. He hasn't really hinted to anything, and I'm Jewish, sooooo I've never shopped for anyone for Christmas before. Any suggestions for something I could get? He's a swimmer and speed skater, and loves science, if that helps anyone
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: VERY last minute shopping for my boyfriend.

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, Volleygirl. :)

As I said before, I am a big fan of presents that are hand made.

What about following his hint and you give him a little bit of you. Maybe a scrapbook or a nice frame with a a picture of you both that you like a lot. In this time where we all have our pics in our smartphones is weird that we print any of them. And I think some pics are seriously worth printing. :)
Kaizen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I've kept a journal for thirteen years so far
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: VERY last minute shopping for my boyfriend.

Unread post by Kaizen »

Ooh, he likes science; does he consider himself nerdy? There are lots of cool items with science-related punny pick-up lines or in-jokes on them. You could even pick a line from one of those as inspiration for making something (decorated mug/bag/"poster"/etc.) yourself! (Example: my boyfriend is in med school and working on the "Brain Attack Team". One of my gifts to him is a fake B-Movie poster I made for a "movie" called When Brains Attack)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic