boob question.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
jojolove23
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: humor
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: cisgender

boob question.

Unread post by jojolove23 »

this isn't a spam question, and since i haven't really received much sex ed class i dont really know the answer and this site has informed me more times than i can count for which im super thankful, you guys rock!
first a lil background: my boyfriend and i dryhump and after a pregnancy scare which was shut down by y'alls brilliant and informative articles i realized that it was my mind making up scenarios and my anxieties taking control, so i calmed down and accepted the fact i wasn't pregnant. i even got my period on the 15th! which is around the time i usually get it, it was heavy the first 3 days and then light spotting for 2 more.
but recently i've started getting headaches, my breasts have started getting really sore, and my nipples have gotten this tingly feeling, which brings me to my question!
my period is over so i don't understand what could be causing this? im breaking out more than usual and me being the worry wart i am, googled this symptoms. and all searches led me to different pregnancy forums, cue the worrying AGAIN. dry humping doesn't cause pregnancy and i was wearing underwear at all times.. so why the sore breasts? is this common after periods? i stare at myself in the mirror day after day trying to see if my stomach/boobs are getting bigger or if my areolas are getting darker, and i dont even feel like myself since im so stressed about this AGAIN.
other than pregnancy what's a reason for sore breasts? or am i pregnant? i need a solid answer, everywhere i search is filled with rude and condescending answers and i figured you guys would inform me in a direct and kind way.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Re: boob question.

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi jojolove,

Boobs can change or be more sensitive from time to time for various reasons, and may not always behave the way we're expecting them to. So, as long as the soreness doesn't turn into pain (which would mean it was time to visit a doctor to check on the pain), I wouldn't be concerned. If you'd like, we talk more about boobs and their behavior here: Abreast: The Basics of Boobies
jojolove23
not a newbie

so based on the article i shouldn't be worried about pregnancy? i did read over it, and yeah there are lots of reasons that i could be experiencing breast/ nipple tenderness but i feel like they dont apply in my case since 'im not on birth control or anything like that. i know i got my period but now all of these "what if" scenarios are sprouting around in my head and i dont' know what to think! since i got my period, is it even normal to have sore breasts afterwards?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Like Sam said, breast soreness or sensitivity can happen for a bunch of reasons besides menstrual periods or pregnancy: like due to subtle and constant changes that are part of puberty, other ways your fertility cycle creates hormonal shifts, even things like having extra caffeine, alcohol, being colder or warmer at a given time or unmanaged stress.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
jojolove23
not a newbie

so from what i understand, since nothing i've done posts a risk, i'm not pregnant and my body is just deciding to act up and be a little weird? i know im being repetitive but id like a little reassurance before my anxiety gets a hold of me again.
i really appreciate what you guys do for all the girl/guys/people who have questions and worries. i'm also seeing a therapist for my anxiety so i know i will be okay it's just so easy to get lost in the pregnancy and baby forums on the internet. thank you so much!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

It's really easy not to when you don't go to those places, and that is totally within your control. You are only getting lost and triggered in those spaces because you're seeking them out.

You already know our answers to these questions. Now it's up to you to do what you need to to manage this anxiety, which includes not doing things you know trigger you - like going to those places online - rather than triggering yourself and then seeking reassurance after you do, which isn't a sound plan for you, and also isn't really fair to ask of us, okay? :)

Why not get and stay offline for a while and engage in some self-care and whatever tools you and your therapist have agreed you'll use to manage your anxiety instead of feeding it?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
jojolove23
not a newbie

thank you so much! yeah i definitely need the self care, my therapist appointment is in a week or so and i feel like my mind is going to break! like if i see a pregnant woman or anything about pregnancy on tv or something or on the bus, and i decide it's the earth's way of telling me that i am. i know it's nonsense bc there was no risk to begin with, but it's weird how my head is working with all of my worries and stress. also, since getting that intimate with my boyfriend isn't making me comfortable and while we do "dry hump" i keep worrying about the risk of pregnancy is there anyway i can tell him i dont feel comfortable doing that anymore or something else we can do?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, jojolove.

What about choosing a moment to talk to your boyfriend, when you are not being sexual at all, and tell him how are you feeling about this. Do you feel like your boyfriend is someone who would respect your feelings and your needs? Do you feel supported by him in other aspects of the relationship other than sex?

Maybe the next link can be helpful for you: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/relat ... g_too_fast
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic