Is this normal or weird?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Rebecca2002
Awesomeness Quotient: Smile, Personality
Primary language: English

Is this normal or weird?

Unread post by Rebecca2002 »

So me and my friend are in the 8th grade. We hang out a lot and she likes to put her feet on my lap, I think they’re cute because she has long toes and always keeps them pedicured.

Anyways so here’s what happened, we were hanging out in my room watching a movie and I left for a few minutes to do some stuff.
When I got back she was asleep in a funny way. Like she was asleep on the bed, but her feet were sticking out on top of the TV stand (which is next to the bed). And she kicked off her socks in her sleep since her socks were on the TV stand too.

Anyways so I started watching the movie again, but I got distracted cuz her feet were in front of the TV and her toes kept wiggling a lot, so I started playing around with them.

For example I pushed her toes back and forth, and they would start wiggling by themselves. Then I would hold them still to make them stop wiggling. Sometimes I did that when a song was playing on TV and her toes would start wiggling to the beat of the song. So then I played some songs on my phone and pushed her toes around to make them wiggle to the beat.

I think she was dreaming about dancing the whole time, because I kept pushing her toes around :P Like sometimes her toes would start wiggling to a rhythm by themselves for like a really long time. But there wasn't any music playing so she must be dreaming about the music. And her toes would follow voice commands too, like when I whisper “twinkle toes” then her toes would start wiggling. And if I say “ballet toes” then her toes would flex and point like a ballerina :P

Anyways so is it normal that I was amused, and liked playing around with her feet? I don’t think I’m a weirdo because I’m nice, social, and people like me. Thanks!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is this normal or weird?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Rebecca,

It's not uncommon for people to be interested in and fascinated by different parts of bodies :) . So finding someones toes interesting is nothing to worry about. However, I do want to mention that, even if you meant it as playful and innocent, it's not great to play with someone's body while they're asleep. They can't consent to what you're doing (and can't tell you to stop either). If you want to watch or play with someone toes in the future, make sure they're awake and can give permission.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic