Pregnancy question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
ZannahGirl1
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am always looking to know more!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight, but appreciative of all kinds of beauty!

Pregnancy question

Unread post by ZannahGirl1 »

Hi, Scarleteen,

I just had a quick question regarding pregnancy. The last time I had sex was in September of this year, and a condom was used correctly. I have since taken numerous pregnancy tests, all of them negative. However, over the course of my first semester in college, I have gained about twenty pounds. If I were pregnant, I would be about three months along right now, but I have had so many negative tests, some taken last week. I am also on the pill and as a result have not had a period since May. Do I need to be worried that I am over three months pregnant? Thanks for any insight you could give me.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Pregnancy question

Unread post by Mo »

Hi there ZannahGirl1,

Negative test results - especially several of them - are a clear indicator you aren't pregnant. Pregnancy tests are extremely reliable. It is very common for students to experience some weight gain in their first semester or year of college, just from the significant change in living situation, schedule, types of food available, etc. so it's likely that this is what you're experiencing.
If you continue to worry about pregnancy despite all your negative tests, you may want to give this a read: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic