Any info or books for sex ed for adults 24 years old ?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
lesbodemi
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her/they
Sexual identity: demisexual

Any info or books for sex ed for adults 24 years old ?

Unread post by lesbodemi »

Hi, I'm new on here and I am looking for info on sex, Etc specifically for someone who is new to realization of being demisexual and lesbian. I didn't know I was gay until about 4 or 5 years ago..
I never have been kissed, sex, any form of a relationship. I have been struggling with many health issues like Hashimotos Disease, mild asthma, multiple food allergies, nonverbal learning disability (recently diagnosed). Very similar to Aspergers but not the same. Contrary to popular belief not everyone has issues with social skills, Etc. I have issues mostly with academics and working. I have sensory issues too. All of which affect various body parts , Etc. I don't have any friends or a job or car or a place of my own. I don't drink alcohol (used to every 2 weeks for anxiety though) stopped after becoming intolerant to it. Would rather Not be around others who drink. I'm working on getting on disability but embarrassed to do so. I dropped out of school at 16 due to my health issues and undiagnosed and misdigsed osed learning disability. I have had a bad childhood bullying by family and others. My little brother makes fun of me for being behind and I have a severely violent temper but Ido se it. I am seeing a psychologist for over a year now but I've noticed (in Massachusetts) where I live currently, there are not many LGBTQI doctors, Etc around for information. I have to my psych I'm gay and she's cool with it but I don't really know what to do? I am currently attending MassRehab. commison for job related and gee related stuff. I did right on here yesterday much more detail but I forgot where I put it or if I even saved it. I guess what I'm asking is if I can get some advice or something on these issues?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Any info or books for sex ed for adults 24 years old ?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi lesbodemi,

We can certainly lend some support, and some advice, about some of these topics (the ones related to sex or relationships). Is there any issue in particular that you'd like to start with?
lesbodemi
not a newbie

No. All would be appreciated.
lesbodemi
not a newbie

lesbodemi wrote:No. All would be appreciated.
I have no idea honestly. . Wasn't taught anything about this subject in school (lgbtqi). Trying to teach myself but... Idk
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, lesbodemi.

I am not the expert here on the topics you are asking help for, but I will leave a note for the rest of the volunteers and as soon as someone comes they will try to answer with the best they got. I just wanted to make sure you knew that we saw your post and it didn't go unnoticed. :)
lesbodemi
not a newbie

Okay
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

I want to make sure you actually get some book recommendations! From the sounds of things, here are a few I'd suggest to get you started:
S.E.X.: The All-You-Need-To-Know Progressive Sexuality Guide to Get You Through High School and College (That's my/our big sex guide, and it's intended for people in their teens and twenties)
The Ultimate Guide to Sex and Disability: For All of Us Who Live with Disabilities, Chronic Pain and Illness by Cory Silverberg, Fran Odette and Miriam Kaufman
Our Bodies, Ourselves by The Boston Women's Health Collective

I'd say that books like those should give you a sense of what else you need, and in what direction, if any, you want more specific, and less general, information about sex and sexuality. So, if you find those and then want more suggestions from there, let me know! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
lesbodemi
not a newbie

Thank you
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

My pleasure! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic