Could I still be pregnant?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
katiebug345
not a newbie

Could I still be pregnant?

Unread post by katiebug345 »

If I had sex a few days before I was expecting my period then had my period which was heavy bleeding.. Enough to change a pad and tampon.. Could I still have gotten pregnant? Could the semen have lasted through my period? Or am I for sure not pregnant since I had a period?
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Could I still be pregnant?

Unread post by Karyn »

Hi katiebug. You can find the answer to your question, and your next steps, in these two pieces:
Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
The Pregnancy Panic Companion
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
katiebug345
not a newbie

Unread post by katiebug345 »

If a guy masturbates before you have sex but washes his hands then fingers you, could the semen live through that and get you pregnant?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

The way pregnancy occurs, when it does, isn't like catching a virus. In other words, sperm cells aren't a virus that's either 'alive" or "dead," and if alive, create a pregnancy. It's more complex that that, and as that first link you were given makes clear, manual sex -- fingering -- isn't a way pregnancy is at all likely to happen, and it couldn't if sperm cells aren't even present, which they won't be if someone has washed their hands.

Here's how pregnancy DOES happen -- when it does -- and all it requires: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic