First Time Too Tight?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
lalalaurena
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm strong mentally, physically, and emotionally!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her/She
Sexual identity: Bi-Sexual

First Time Too Tight?

Unread post by lalalaurena »

So my boyfriend and I really want to have sex. We've done oral and handsy stuff, but not penis in vagina sexual intercourse. When he fingers me (and also when I finger myself) we both notice that I'm very tight internally. Is this because I've never had sex before, or am I just not as aroused and turned on as I should be? I only use one finger as of right now, however I am ABLE to fit two, so I know it's not a hymen issue (or at least I'm pretty sure it's not). I really want to enjoy my first time and not be in pain! Help please!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: First Time Too Tight?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi lalalaurena,

You're on the right track thinking that this is likely a matter of arousal. If you're tense, or not really very aroused, then inserting anything is going to be difficult (and probably painful). The other big thing to remember is lube. Even if you're someone who produces a lot of "natural" lube, adding more will make insertion way more comfortable. I think these articles will also give you some helpful information:
From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse
My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic