Pre-Ejaculation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
katiebug345
not a newbie

Pre-Ejaculation

Unread post by katiebug345 »

I'm just trying to make sure I'm on track... I have been told before that you can get pregnant from pre-ejaculation but I have also been told that you can't. Could you clear that up for me? I tried to look for a link to an article about it but I couldn't find one.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Pre-Ejaculation

Unread post by Heather »

Sure, why don't you start here: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... _pregnancy

If you don't want to take pregnancy risks, you don't want to have sex unprotected, regardless of fluids. Withdrawal, as a method, can be effective, but it is the easiest method to mess up, which is why it has one of the two lowest typical use rates. So, if and when someone doesn't want to take big risks of pregnancy and is having the kinds of sex -- namely, intercourse -- that pose pregnancy risks, we advise at least using condoms to provide effective protection from pregnancy as well as infections.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
katiebug345
not a newbie

Unread post by katiebug345 »

Thank you! Could you also send me the link to the chart that shows the effectiveness of for instance condoms and birth control together
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Yep! Mind, you can find that via the indexes of sections linked at the of of every board page -- that one is in sexual health -- for future reference.

The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

Just FYI: condoms ARE a form of birth control/contraception: they prevent pregnancy. They are just one kind of contraception, but there are also others, including others that can be combined with them.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic