I think some of my tampon ripped inside of me- or does this sound normal?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
krae0608

I think some of my tampon ripped inside of me- or does this sound normal?

Unread post by krae0608 »

Ok so I am on day 4 of my period, so I am pretty light. I put in a tampon around 4 or 5 hours ago and I went to change it/take it out about 30 mins ago (I always pee before I take out my tampons bc I find it a lot easier for them to come out that way)
So I did that, and took it out with no problem but when I looked at it, the top was expanded and dry with no blood on/in it at all. Like, the top also looked like it was torn or ripped off a little bit. Like just the tip. But the sides had blood (red & a little bit of brown blood since I am towards the end of my period) on it but not enough to fill it up.
And I remember I didn t wear a tampon for a little bit and when I felt blood I went to go put one in. So maybe it was just the blood that was on the inside of my vagina and nothing else came down? Idk but I am freaking out! I use playtex 360 regulars.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I think some of my tampon ripped inside of me- or does this sound normal?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi krae0608,

If it looks like part of the tampon came off, one thing to try is to reach in with a finger and see if you can find the broken off piece (that's assuming it hasn't been expelled along with period blood). The easiest way to do that is from whatever position you find is most comfortable when you're inserting the tampon.
krae0608

Re: I think some of my tampon ripped inside of me- or does this sound normal?

Unread post by krae0608 »

I will try that- thank you
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic