First pill 4 hours late

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Ruby

First pill 4 hours late

Unread post by Ruby »

So after my placebo week i took my first pill at 10:45 am instead of 6:30 am which i normally do, but i did take it at the right (8th) day. I didn't really have sex with my boyfriend but he had been inside me without a condom (sort of extreme withdrawal). I'm on a combination pill and in my prescription it says that you're still protected when you it within 12 hours after your normal time . But since it was my first pill i'm really concerned that i might be pregnant. But my prescription and pharmasist say it's fine. But i've read on the internet that it is a problem on the first day so i'm not sure anymore.
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: First pill 4 hours late

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi Ruby,

When users have questions about medication we advise them to check the instructions that were included and/or check with your doctor or pharmacist! You have already done both of those things :) You can trust the information that both provided you.

Anytime you feel the effectiveness of your birth control has been compromised, we would recommend backing up. The condom is a great choice since they not only protect against pregnancy but STIs. Let me know if you need any additional information.

What you describe does count as intercourse, the amount of time does not make a difference. But if he did not ejaculate then you can assume you have protection from both your pill and the withdrawal method. If you would like more information about the level of protection with these combined methods you can find that here: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexua ... ol_with_a_
Ruby

Re: First pill 4 hours late

Unread post by Ruby »

Thank you! I was just worried because i thought the first day after your pause week might have different rules because i didn't have hormones for a week.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic