45 Days Without Period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
repsev
not a newbie

45 Days Without Period

Unread post by repsev »

Hey Scarleteen!

So it's been 45 days without my period and it's getting to be very concerning. My last period was on December 3rd, usually my cycle is around 31-33 days long and I should have gotten it awhile ago. I traveled on December 22nd from Scotland back to the US so I figured it would be a little off, just not this long. My boyfriend and I have had sex multiple times since I've been back but he is sure he has pulled out every time and we've filled the condom with water to check it did its job every time except once where we still looked at it to make sure; we've been pretty careful so it's really stressful that my period hasn't come yet, it makes me doubt myself and wonder if we missed something. I took a pregnancy test in the middle of the day on January 13th and it was a negative result, I took another pregnancy test today, the morning of the 16th (after I had woken up), and it was another negative result. If I was pregnant, would the pregnancy test have detected it by now?
Over the last couple of days I have also been really emotional (what I thought was pms, with lots of crying spells and mood swings) and today my breasts have been a little sore, like within the last hour they've started getting sore and the nipple of my right breast actually hurts quite a bit. I've also been having some whitish, milky (but not very sticky), very watery discharge (like I can feel it when it "departs") and I'm not sure if that's normal before a period. I leave for college tomorrow and I've been stressing so much over this for the last couple of days and stressing about this along with starting up college tomorrow is going to be awful. If you have any explanations for why my period hasn't arrived yet, it'd be much appreciated! Thank you!
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: 45 Days Without Period

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, repsev.

If you followed the instructions of every test you took then you can trust their results. Each test might have their own instructions that's why is important to read them and be sure you understand everything before taking any.

Usually you can take a test when you have a missing period or 14 days after the last risk. You say you had sex several times but didn't mentioned when was the last one.

Here's a link with more info about testing: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/pregn ... ancy_tests
repsev
not a newbie

Unread post by repsev »

But if I have a missing period, this has been my longest cycle within the last couple of months, would that suffice for an accurate result? I am pretty sure I followed the instructions step by step. Also is all of this discharge normal before a period? I've been getting a lot of it still without my period.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

The lateness of your period doesn't impact how effective the test will be; as Edith said above, as long as you followed the test directions then you can trust those results. We can't really know why your period's late or why you're noticing heavier discharge right now, but fluctuations in your cycle or discharge levels are normal and not, on their own, a sign of any sort of problem.

Here's a bit more reading that might help: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic