Spotting on BC

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
thatgirl4

Spotting on BC

Unread post by thatgirl4 »

Hello,

I have been on birth control for 2 years. I started out on Tri-Estarylla and was switched to Tri-Previfem after about a year because the pharmacy stopped carrying Tri-Estarylla. My periods were always routine and like clockwork. 2 months ago, the pharmacy switched back to Tri-Estarylla. I went through a month's worth with no issues but now I am 4 days before my period for this month and I am slightly spotting.

I have read that stress can cause this and there is no doubt I have been stressed. I started back to college full time last week and I am working full time. I am also making a few "grown-up" decisions that have me rather overwhelmed (should I buy a house, etc ..).

My question is whether or not this is common or if there is another underlying problem. Is there a chance my period is just early or could this mean something else?

I have had unprotected sex twice in the last two weeks but he did not ejaculate. I have taken my birth control regularly and have not skipped any days or doses.

I should also include that the main reason I'm on BC is to regulate my period because I have PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome).

I am playing a waiting game to see what happens in the next few days but I thought maybe you could provide me with some information.

Thanks!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Spotting on BC

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi thatgirl,

It's quite possible that the spotting is a side effect of have to switch between brands, but that's one of those things we can't say for sure.

I do want to check, are you up to date on your STI tests?
thatgirl4

Re: Spotting on BC

Unread post by thatgirl4 »

Yes I'm up to date. No pain out of the ordinary or anything else just spotting. As today progresses, it almost just feels like the beginning of my regular period.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic