2 missed pills: on different days throughout pack

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Dani94

2 missed pills: on different days throughout pack

Unread post by Dani94 »

hi,

I missed a pill during week 1 due to diarrhea. Made it up according to instructions (I am on Lo Loesterin Fe 24).

Today, I vomited within an hour of taking my pill (week 3). I made it up as soon as this incident occurred.

My question is, how do I make up for these two missed pills that were spread out throughout my cycle? Just want to be sure before I do anything. Also wondering if my chances of pregnancy have been severely compromised....

Thank you!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: 2 missed pills: on different days throughout pack

Unread post by Heather »

As I understand it, you already have made them up? Are you asking how you deal with being short two pills because you did that when you get to the end of your pack?

If so, the easiest way to deal with that is to call your prescribing physician and ask them to call in an extra pack for you to pick up, one that you can keep using to "borrow" pills from should you need to make up a pill again.

Typical use effectiveness for the pill -- which is figured over a year, and is the level of effectiveness almost everyone using the pill will have, as using it for a full year with the accuracy it's taken in a clinical trial is highly unlikely -- factors in for late or missed pills every now and then, so you most likely still have around that 91% effectiveness rate just about everyone using the pill (and not really mucking it up, like missing weeks, or never taking it on time) has.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Dani94

Re: 2 missed pills: on different days throughout pack

Unread post by Dani94 »

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks so much!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic