Need help plz

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Dolly68
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Need help plz

Unread post by Dolly68 »

Hi, I know I have been told in the past not to post questions about the pill etc. and I realize a lot of people just skip my post and won't answer it. I just want you to know that I did receive help for the stuff that went on and I don't think it's fair that I can't ask a question that's information based. I have a question right now and it's not out of anxiety or nerves that Im asking. It's out of I just need an answer and to know if I should get a new pack of pills. I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me. I went away for the weekend and had my pills in an overnight bag. It was in one of the pockets of the bag and the pills were in a plastic bag too. When I woke up I realized my bag was near the window and the bag had some streaks of sunlight on it coming from the shades. Some steaks were stronger sunlight then others. I checked if the bag felt hot but it didn't it was like warm ish in some spots. I was just wondering what keeping pills away from direct sunlight means. Does it mean outdoors or even in a situation like this? My pills could have been in that position for a few hours but they were indoors and just getting some sun on the bag from the window. Do you think they have been affected and do I need to replace the pack of pills?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Need help plz

Unread post by Heather »

Please remember that the user agreement you clicked "I agree" to when you registered made clear that you understand that we reserve the right not to answer ANY question, at ANY time, for ANY reason. You may or may not agree with that policy, but it's our right to have it (and is the policy of nearly any help service like this, anywhere) and it's one we need in order to manage our organization and its services well.

That user agreement also included you saying you agreed to any limits we set with you and would respect them, not try and push past them in some way, which includes any kind of emotional manipulation. When you say you know you have been asked not to ask something, but do so anyway, that doesn't reflect respect for limits we have set. So, at this point, please know that if you make clear again you just can't seem to work within our guidelines, including set limits, it will be time for us to suspend your ability to use our services, as also mentioned in the user agreement.

When oral contraceptives have been damaged by heat, the pills inside the blister packs each is in will tend to look sweaty, or those little "blisters" they're in will look swollen. Too, no, just having pills out somewhere where there is light is not an issue: if it were, you can assure that your patient information leaflet that comes with each pack of pills would say that they need to be kept in the dark, as is the case with some other medications.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Dolly68
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Dolly68 »

I understand and do not mean in any way to disrespect the guidelines. I think you guys do a very nice thing by helping people out and I wouldn't want to disrespect that. Thank you for the answer I appreciate it and will be very careful with my questions.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Thank you. Moving forward, if and when you think, "They asked me not to..." then you'll just want to stop typing and not do that thing, okay? Pressuring to go outside our limits also really isn't okay -- just like, for example, sexual pressuring isn't -- which is what I felt you were doing here.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic