Morning After Pill

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
asc01

Morning After Pill

Unread post by asc01 »

Hi,
So I'm 19 years old and began my contraceptive injection on Wednesday, yet I was told I would not be protected for a week.
Me and my boyfriend decided to have sex around 3pm on Sunday for the first time, and we used a condom.
However, on Monday (today) I decided to have a check to make sure there had been no 'issues', then I realised that the condom had a hole in it!
So I went to the doctors today at 11:45 am today and got the morning after pill.
I am super worried because I obviously didn't take it within a 12 hour period, what are the chances of me being pregnant?
Thanks for the help x
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Morning After Pill

Unread post by Redskies »

Emergency contraception is still highly effective when taken within 24 hours of a risk, not just 12 :) From Emergency Contraception (Plan B or the Morning-After-Pill)
Plan B, the morning-after pill or some birth control pills used specifically for emergency contraception, on average, reduces the risk of pregnancy by 75 - 89%: 7 out of every 8 people who would have become pregnant will not by using emergency contraceptive pills. Taken within 24 hours of sex or sexual assault, emergency contraceptive pills can reduce the risk of pregnancy by up to 98%; taken with 120 hours after a risk, it may still be as much as 75% effective.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic