Red lump near vagina

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Celsius Fate
not a newbie

Red lump near vagina

Unread post by Celsius Fate »

Over the past few days I noticed a small angry red lump near my vaginal opening. It hurts a little to walk and sit and feels soft to the touch. I tried popping it today and blood was squeezed out but no signs of pus. After that the pain subsided a little, so I put some antibiotics on it to help keep it infection free but the lump did get significantly smaller. I'm just wondering what this is and if it will go away on its own.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Red lump near vagina

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi celsius fate,

This is something that it is best to ask a doctor or other health care provider about. They'll be able to look at it and tell you what it might be, as well as tell you what to do to treat it.
Celsius Fate
not a newbie

Unfortunately I can't go to a doctor or health care provider because I moved to another country and am not a citizen yet. I did talk to my sister about it and she said it's just a pimple, and she's gotten them before, and they'll go away on their own with time.
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi Celsius Fate,

Your sister can not replace proper medical care. As Sam said, in order to determine what it is and if any treatment is necessary you would need a health care provider to examine it. It is best to locate a clinic. Would you like help doing this? If so can you let me know if the location you have listed is current?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

If that location is correct, the government information for Macau makes clear that not being a citizen is NOT a barrier to getting healthcare: non-citizens may still seek out and receive healthcare just like citizens.

http://www.macautourism.gov.mo/plan/pra ... l.php?id=7

In the meantime, you never want to squeeze lumps like this -- even squeezing pimples isn't a good idea, because it can just push the infection in the pore further into the skin. (But pimples aren't likely to happen on regions like right around the vaginal opening, rather than, say, the outer labia or your face. It's things like cysts and boils or infected glands that will most often be the culprit with this kind of thing.)

Instead, you just want to leave it, using warm compresses if you're going to do anything. And if it keeps getting bigger, is painful, or otherwise changes for the worse, seeking out healthcare is the right next step.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Celsius Fate
not a newbie

It hasn't gotten bigger and it's turning white now like it's coming to head. I have been putting antibiotics on it and it seems to help with the redness of the area.I'll leave it for a few more days and see what happens. If it gets worse then I'll see a doctor for help :]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic