Am I at risk of pregnancy?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
nigeriqueen

Am I at risk of pregnancy?

Unread post by nigeriqueen »

I have read the relevant articles relating to this question and could not find an answer.

I am a young girl on the combined contraceptive pill Rigevidon that states if the user has diarrhea or vomiting within 3-4 hours of taking the pill then reliability is reduced and pregnancy is a risk. I would not say that what I had was diarrhea but I did have an unusually loose stool within before the 3 hour point of me taking my pill last night and I am worried I am at risk of pregnancy. I had sex that same day without a condom and with the pill as my only form of protection. I took another pill as directed by my leaflet but I feel very unsure, what should I do?

Also me and my boyfriend greatly struggle to find suitable condoms, he has a very wide penis which is long also and most XL brand generic condoms do not even cover his tip. Where I live female condoms are not commercially available or free or cheap if I do buy them, any suggestions?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Am I at risk of pregnancy?

Unread post by Heather »

You already did what you can do: you made up the pill with an extra, just in case the loose stool reduced your pill's effectiveness.

In terms of finding condoms that fit, can I ask what you two would need to come up, together, with the money to buy condoms that do fit? It's not that expensive, after all, and I'd say that the cost of condoms, whatever style we and/or our partners need, is just one of those base costs we should figure we need to be able to cover if it's at all sound for us to be sexual with partners in the first place.

What do you each spend money on -- perhaps even together, like going out to a movie or to get dinner -- that you can cut back a little so you can afford the minor cost of the condoms you need?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic