chances of me being pregnant? super paranoid!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
han9
Awesomeness Quotient: uhh
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

chances of me being pregnant? super paranoid!

Unread post by han9 »

I've been with my boyfriend for about 4 months and have had sex, always with a condom without slippage/breakage around 10+ times. I'm on combination birth control (Ginet 84) and always take it within the same 3 hour bracket each day without skipping. I got my period in December and am due to get it this month (I voluntarily skipped it in January) and last week had a few pregnancy symptoms (fatigue, bloating, frequent urination and whiter discharge) which I now have associated to PMS as that would have been around the time I would have received my period given I had begun taking my sugar pills. Now, I still am receiving bloating and frequent urination along with very mild abdominal cramping and since I am an avidly paranoid person, I was wondering if anyone could help me take my mind off it as I know my chances of being pregnant are very low, and these symptoms could be caused by stress about the prospect of being pregnant as well. I also read that if bloating along with having a harder feeling stomach could be the result of pregnancy as well, however I am of a slimmer build and so having a harder abdomen isn't abnormal for me I am still, due to who i am as a person, super paranoid about it as I'm kinda worried that the on and off bloating I've had for the past few weeks is the result of a baby bump. :/ I have yet to take a pregnancy test, and I would rather not have to take one however if it is suggested I will do so. Thank you!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: chances of me being pregnant? super paranoid!

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi han,

If you're having pregnancy worries, this piece will walk you through your next steps, as well as give you plenty of information: The Pregnancy Panic Companion
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic