wondering about pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
3clmclaughlin

wondering about pill

Unread post by 3clmclaughlin »

Hi there. I have been trying to change the start day of my period for awhile and have been lazy/worried about the side affects. Only this once, I have been taking my active pills 2 months in a row, so i skipped my last "period" on purpose, and now am nearing my placebo week (starting this Thursday). I haven't experienced any breakthrough bleeding doing so and was wondering if I can start my placebo pills early, meaning that i would start them Sunday, instead of Thursday. I want to do this so I can then start my next active pills on a new pack Sunday so my periods won't be occurring on the weekends. Thanks!!
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: wondering about pill

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hi there, right back at you! :)

Like with any medicine, checking in with your healthcare provider before making any changes is the best way to go. That said, as long as you are not skipping any of the active pills there would be no problem. Just keep in mind that placebo pills exist for a reason and that would be to give your body a break from the hormones BC provide. Also is good to keep in mind that even on BC periods are not always the same. Changing your schedule is not a warranty that your periods are not going to fall on the weekends.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic