First time and bleeding

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
RosePose
Awesomeness Quotient: I play the cello
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

First time and bleeding

Unread post by RosePose »

I had my first time a week ago. At first it hurt but then with good communication and a slow start it didn't anymore. I got home that night and noticed some blood in my panties. It wasn't period blood and or anywhere around time of my period. I figured this was normal for a first time. Anyway, it's a week later and when I went to go "have some alone time" with myself, I found it somewhat painfull and there was a bit of blood. I guess my question is if this has to do with "poping my cherry"? Or is that even a thing?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: First time and bleeding

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Rosepose,

So, there's nothing about a first time (or a second time, or third time) that means bleeding is supposed to happen. However, it often can happen during the first few times you have intercourse, usually do to nerves and/or a lack of lubrication. This article has lots of good information on how to decrease the chances of it being painful:
From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse

I think you might also find this piece interesting. It's about the Corona, AKA the hymen, and what is and is not true about it: My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic