I took a pill out of order.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
anonymous1701
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

I took a pill out of order.

Unread post by anonymous1701 »

Hi there! This morning I made a mistake while taking my combination pill. I was supposed to take the last pill of the second week, but took the pill of the first day of the third week (tomorrow's pill). The leaflet that came with my pill pack had no instructions for pills taken out of order. My question is, tomorrow, do I take the pill I was supposed to take today or do I continue and take the pill for the second day of the third week? Does this compromise the effectiveness of the pill? I know that each pill week contains different hormone levels, but I'm not sure how they differ and relate in preventing pregnancy. Thanks!
anonymous1701
not a newbie

Re: I took a pill out of order.

Update: I was told by Planned Parenthood's chat service to take the correct pill I was supposed to take today in addition to the pill I've taken today which was supposed to be for tomorrow. I would then continue the rest of the pill pack normally, but finishing a day early.
anonymous1701
not a newbie

Re: I took a pill out of order.

Update: I was told by my gynecologist to take the pill I was supposed to take that day the next day and continue with the rest of the pill pack normally. She disagreed with what I was told by a Planned Parenthood volunteer, and I did what she said.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic