Bleeding while on BC pill?!

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Pinkunicornxo
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She

Bleeding while on BC pill?!

Unread post by Pinkunicornxo »

Hi everyone,
I've been on the pill Cilest for around 4 years now with no issues at all apart from the occasional migraine. Last night after having sex I noticed a bit of blood after wiping which I thought was odd but could of been caused from being a bit rough. However after getting home from work today I've noticed brown discharge in my panties?! When I wipe it looks like blood too. I've been taking my pill correctly with taking it no more than 2 hours late. I've had a bit of diarrhoea but that was well over 4 hours after my taking my pill it only happened once and reading the leaflet that comes with Cilest it says it will have been absorbed after 2 hours. Two days after that I had a loose stool but that was 18 hours after taking my pill, I did my research to make sure it was still safe for me to have sex and also checked my leaflet again for peace of mind. My pill would have been well absorbed by then however here I am having what I'm thinking is an early withdrawal bleed a week and a half early. It's probably worth noting as well I had my implant removed last month as I was on that AND the pill for a while to regulate the bleeding I was having on that but decided to get it taken out so I don't know whether it's my hormones regulating themselves. I guess it could just be a random side effect which I know can happen on any BC method. Anyone with similar experiences relate? Thanks X
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Bleeding while on BC pill?!

Unread post by Heather »

Always nice to have a unicorn sighting here. :)

So, possible side effects from any method of contraception -- just like with any medication -- are things that can happen while using it, at any time. Sometimes people have some side effects right away, and almost never again, sometimes they don't for years, and then do. And some people don't seem to have any, ever. It may be about your pill.

But if you had bleeding with sex last night, that's more likely what it is. When there's bleeding inside of the vagina, it often takes a few days for that blood to work its way out. For the future, if any sex is so rough, it's causing bleeding, it's probably too rough for your health. You'll want to be sure not to ask for it THAT rough, or to tell any partners being that rough to chill it out some, and also want to be sure that you're using extra lube anytime any genital sex is going to be or getting particularly...erm, energetic, let's say. :D
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Pinkunicornxo
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Pinkunicornxo »

Thank you for your speedy reply :) Yeah that makes sense I did a Google search and most people bleeding have missed a pill which I definitely have not I'm pretty sure the diarrhoea I did have would not affect my pill so the only thing I could put it down to is just my hormones being crazy. I have slight cramping and itchy nipples (never had that before in my life - quite awkward trying to have a cheeky scratch while in work hahah) really hope it ends soon really don't feel like dealing with 2 bleeds in the space of a month :( us women have it tough enough as it is with just the one haha. And the rough sex also makes sense too, I did have to go to the doctors last year for bleeding after sex and my doctor said the only thing she could find was bacteria that wouldn't be an issue unless I got pregnant and could only put it down to the pill side effects and rough sex. Sorry way too much TMI but I've been dying to speak about it all day without someone thinking I'm crazy
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

None to worry: TMI here is kind of a given! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic