Parts of the Vagina

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
mcguiree1495
not a newbie

Parts of the Vagina

Unread post by mcguiree1495 »

Okay, this is a really weird/stupid question since I'm old enough to understand parts and what not of the body, however, what is the boney hard spot at the top of your vagina right as you enter?

I've been having itchy/irritation feeling right there as my boyfriend and I were having sex. And it burned a lot and felt very uncomfortable after going to the bathroom after sex. For the past two days, I've been feeling that weird itchy/sensitive feeling and a weird smell along with brownish (looks like old blood) coming from my vagina area....I don't start my period for another week. I showered last night and went to bed, woke up this morning, put clean clothes on and I smelled it while I was sitting in class.... then when I went to the restroom, I saw the brownish old blood looking stuff in my underwear....

I'm just curious as to what that part of the vagina is? I'm planning to make an appointment to get checked out, but I didn't want to sound dumb calling it "the boney thing".

Also, any idea what could be wrong or causing my "problem"?

Thanks! :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Parts of the Vagina

Unread post by Heather »

What it sounds like you may be describing is the pubic bone, which you can feel on the anterior (top, or towards your belly, versus your back) side of the vagina, as well as through the mons, externally.

But regardless, it sounds like you may have some kind of infection brewing, so my best advise would be to get in to see your sexual healthcare provider. If you don't have that healthcare and need help finding it near you, we're happy to help. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
mcguiree1495
not a newbie

Unread post by mcguiree1495 »

Okay, I just googled it to be sure if that is what I was referring to and it looks like that's what it is. Thanks! I'm going to call and make an appointment ASAP :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Good plan. Yay for taking care of yourself! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic