Rubbing off each other (emotionally lol)

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
xmetalgirl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Artsy Fartsy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: Female

Rubbing off each other (emotionally lol)

Unread post by xmetalgirl »

Hey guys, how are yous?

I'm back for advice again! haha

So basically. My boyfriend and I have been depressed for a year and a half pretty much. I don't know what to do anymore. All we do is eat and watch TV and I'm really starting to hate it. I want to change our lives and fix it all, but he's just all meh "everything sucks." He's too depressed and has no hope for anything. He works full time and when he comes home he's tired. I miss how he used to be. I have hope but I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like a stressed, depressed mess. How can I push him out of this? What the hell do I do? He is a big part of my life and has always been there for me. Though, now he's like a big sack of potatoes. Doesn't wanna move or do anything lol. He was so different before. He moved to the big city where I live in and ever since then he's gotten depressed. Where I live is A LOT of people (99% of them are rude), not much privacy anywhere for example the last hiking we had we sat at a picnic table and had snacks and these people come and their dogs go on our table and lick our food and they're rude, dont say anything and just sit there so we could get out of the table. Like now we stopped going to the beach/picnics/hiking because he's so annoyed of people now (I can get annoyed too but I try to not pay attention to them where he just gets annoyed and wants to go home)
I've been trying to take care of myself as well but it's just not working out either. We rub off eachother! I don't got money for therapy either lol -_- And those free therapy websites are awful! Man, they make you feel worst. They also don't help you with anything, they just go "mhm mhm." But you guys have always been there for me lol. Any little advice or whatever you guys think would help, I don't care what it is lol.
Stephanie
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: Social Butterfly :)
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/ her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Boyfriend and I are depressed, help!

Unread post by Stephanie »

Have you thought of looking into support groups in your area? Or even other groups that may be of interest to the both of you that may A) get you both put and about a bit, but also B) give you some time together with others that have similar interests. Some other things that at times can help are things like working out together, whatever that may mean for you both and your abilities. It releases some natural "feel goods" I to your system. A lot of insurances will also pay most of counseling if you have insurance, if not you could also talk to a church person if you're religious or family that know you well. While they're not trained per counseling they may be able to help in terms of reminding you what makes you happy.
If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic