Burning Sensation When Masturbating

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
femcastle
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Burning Sensation When Masturbating

Unread post by femcastle »

Hi there. As background, I'm on antidepressants and have historically had trouble having orgasms. Anyway, I notice that sometimes when I masturbate, if I go on past where I might normally stop and give up, I'll start to have a burning sensation in the clitoral area. It starts out mild and gets worse the longer I continue. Then sometimes it lasts a little while after. It always goes away after a couple hours. I know it's not a yeast infection because it only happens under those circumstances, and it happens weeks apart and when using a vibrator externally. And I also doubt it's an STI. Do you have any idea what might be causing this? It feels like maybe I've pushed my clitoris too hard and it got sensitive, but as far as I know I didn't have an orgasm beforehand so I'm not sure what is going on exactly.
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Burning Sensation When Masturbating

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, femcastle. Welcome to Scarleteen. :)

When there's too much stimulation, the genitals -- and specially the clitoris -- can get sensitive. That's why for some people direct stimulation on the clitoris is not always pleasurable. But, what might be going on here also, is that the lack of lubrication is making you feel sore. If this is happening ONLY when you are doing this activities, then maybe adding some good lube might be helpful.

Here you can find more information about how lube can be your best friend. :)

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodie ... tle_primer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic