Query about breasts

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
chocochip101
not a newbie

Query about breasts

Unread post by chocochip101 »

Hi,
Firstly I want to give a huge thumsup to you guys for the work you are doing here. Previously I have gone through a lot of pregnancy scares even without their being any actual risk involved and scarleteen has helped e along the way.
But due to past experiences I think I have got some sort of phobia regarding pregnancy even though my logical mind says its impossible..
How ever , me and my bf have stopped doing anything which could remotely scare me . Basically we just make out and are always clothed.
So to have fun we concentrate on the upper body. We both like stimulating my breasts a lot. He does all sorts of stuff like squeezing , sucking the nipples etc. Recently , I noticed a dark freckle on my left breast its not raised or anything , just darker coloured circular patch . I think it was there from a long time but still I wanted to clear a few things :
A. Is the kind of stuff we are doing safe for my health. Also I'm scared if I could start lactating because of these actions. Because I definitely don't want that.
B. Is freckles or the kind I described above normal. I have not had any sort of discharge or anything. But my breasts have grown a cup size since the past few months.Also my periods used to be regular but this past month they were late by 4 days . Also the past month I joined some classes which were hectic and required me to travel regularly which might have caused me stress.
So please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong and if I should be worried?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Query about breasts

Unread post by Heather »

A good rule of thumb is that if it feels good, and doesn't hurt, chances are awfully good that it's just fine. Breasts are ultimately there for nursing infants, and that tends to be something where there's an awful lot of not-very-gentle squeezing, even biting: breasts and nipples can handle that. :)

Freckles can occur on any part of the skin, and aren't anything to worry about (some of us have them everywhere!). If you do regular breast self-exams, and aren't seeing or feeling any of the issues included when we talk about breast health here -- http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... of_boobies -- it's likely all good. If in doubt, just check in with your healthcare provider the next time you see them for a general exam, or make an appointment for a checkup. It's also common in puberty for breast growth to happen: that's the time most of it does, and sometimes those changes can be fast or profound. Too, water weight changes and fluctuations often tend to change breast size, sometimes pretty intensely for some people.

"Late" periods are actually those which are five or more days later than the LATEST a person would expect them, and for people with regular cycles, the standard deviation -- the average number of days cycles differ from cycle to cycle -- is 2-3 days. So, it sounds like you are still likely very regular, since a 4-day difference isn't late, and also isn't far outside the standard deviation for regular cycles.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
chocochip101
not a newbie

Thanks for the speedy reply. :D Also I'm going to be 21 soon. So does that qualify as puberty too , and is it normal for breast size to increase at this time?
Can you please clarify if the above activities could lead to lactating?
Also if I'm always wearing an underwear and shorts or something and my boyfriend is also wearing boxers , we are at no risk of any pregnancy possibility ?
Last edited by chocochip101 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Lactation is something that happens to people who are currently pregnant or who have given birth: it isn't something that just happens from breast or nipple play. It happens when people will soon need to breastfeed or are breastfeeding.

Puberty generally lasts well into people's 20s, but breasts can change size or shape at any time of life. It's not like once puberty ends, our breasts are going to stay exactly the same ever more.

Per your second question:
We no longer answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
chocochip101
not a newbie

Okay , Thanks for your help.
And sorry about the second one !
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

You're welcome. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic