Run down on the pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
manfamain
not a newbie

Run down on the pill

Unread post by manfamain »

Hey,
I've been on the combined pill for about a year now and so far so good. Only this week I've been pretty run down with flu symptoms and today I've noticed a slight bleed, first brown then bright red. It's extremely light and only occurred twice. I was wondering if this had anything to do with being run down of not? I'm not really worried about being pregnant, because I never miss a pill, but I am worried the bleeding might effect it's effectiveness?

Thanks
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Run down on the pill

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi manfamain,

We can't say for certain what the bleeding is. It may be that you're having some spotting (which can happen on the pill) or that your period is starting earlier than usual. Just to check, are you and your partner up to date on your STI testing?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

Also, nope, the bleeding doesn't have any impact on or say anything about your pill's effectiveness. If you've been taking your pill every day as directed (and with no disruption like vomiting or diarrhoea soon after taking one), you can assume you have your pill's usual protection.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
manfamain
not a newbie

Unread post by manfamain »

Thanks for letting me know, that was the only thing that was on my mind :) yeah we are up to date and everything seems fine, so I don't think that's an issue. Thanks for letting me know
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic