Micro penis

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Dexter2005
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m in good shape
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Straight

Micro penis

Unread post by Dexter2005 »

I was just diagnosed a month ago with a micro penis. I knew I was small but learning I’m very small is upsetting. As a 15 year old and black, it been so embarrassing in the locker room because I just have a head with no shaft (and almost the exact same hard) and the boys laugh at me. Is there anything I can do?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Micro penis

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Dexter,

It sounds like this diagnosis is really stressing you out which, combined with the fact you're being picked on, makes sense. We live in a culture that puts a ton of emphasis on penises and penis size when it comes to sex and masculinity, so it can be really upsetting to learn you may not fit those expectations. But, the good news is that that emphasis is based on a bunch of nonsense; penis size has zero to do with how much of man someone is, how good of a partner they will be, or how enjoyable sex with be for them. Mo does a really amazing job of helping someone who got a diagnosis like yours here: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advi ... penis_size.

I do want to add that at 15, you likely have several years of puberty ahead of you; in fact, some people are just starting puberty at your age. I assume your doctor had a reason for diagnosing you at this point in time, but they still may not be able to predict if your penis will grow in the next few years.

When it comes to what's happening in the locker room, have you told anyone what's happening? And do you feel at all comfortable telling other guys to knock it off or mind their own business?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic