Ouch! Ingrown Hair

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Arwen2786
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

Ouch! Ingrown Hair

Unread post by Arwen2786 »

First, I just wanted to say how very helpful this website is! As someone who is a lot of a late bloomer (28 and very happily in my fist relationship ever for 3 months now) I greatly appreciate all the information that is available here, its been a wonderful resource for me.

On to my question. I have always had problem with ingrown pubic hair. It doesn't matter what length the hair is, I always have at least one ingrown hair. I do know that I have fairly sensitive skin. I have tried warm baths to soak that irritated area, I only wear cotton underwear, I don't wear super tight pants or nonbreakable fabrics, and I only use Dove White Bar soap. It can be quite pain full and I am really at a loss for what else to do.

~Arwen2786
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Ouch! Ingrown Hair

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi Arwen,

Thank you for your kind words and glad that our resources have been helpful for you :)

Some other things you could try is regular exfoliation during showers/baths with a scrub or loofah. Are you removing hair from this area? If you are you could switch up your method and see if that makes a difference, but both shaving and waxing can cause ingrown hairs. Another option is to trim the hair low.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic